Does Pruvit keto cause diarrhea?
The short answer is – IT MIGHT! Your body can react in strange ways whenever you change your diet or add supplements. It is normal to notice changes in digestion whenever you make a change. With any diet change you might experience either diarrhea or constipation when you first start.
Luckily, there are a few simple ways to troubleshoot this to make sure that they don’t happen to you or if they do – to fix it!
Here are a few tips to help you:
- Slow down! The most common reason why people experience these issues is because they are chugging their ketones too fast. When you do that and your body is flooded with ketones it is unable to process – and it has to get rid of them. Try to sip your ketones over 20-30 minutes.
- Cut back to a half packet. Instead of using a full packet of ketones use half to let your body adjust to this new fuel source. You can start with half a packet in the morning and then the rest in the afternoon OR just half a packet per day until the symptoms resolve themselves. Transition to a full packet as soon your body has adjusted.
- Add more water to your ketones. I know that the packets say mix with 12-16 oz of water but you can use more than that. This will help you sip slower!
- Cut back on artificial sweeteners. Some of these are known to cause diarrhea – especially those used in sugar free candy. If you are experiencing these GI symptoms it is best to limit or avoid processed food until your body adjusts to having elevated ketone levels.
- Eat more fiber! Sometimes something as simple as adding broccoli, greens, cucumber or cabbage will help regulate your digestion.
- Stay hydrated and take your electrolytes. Anytime you are experiencing diarrhea you want to be sure to replace what is being lost. Aim to drink 64 ounces of water per day and I also recommend taking our mitoplex electrolytes every time you drink your ketones.
Based on coaching thousands of people to cut back on carbs and drink ketones daily I am certain that making the above changes will help ensure that you do not have to experience diarrhea while using Pruvit keto products!! Give your body time to adjust so that you can feel the full benefits of ketosis!