It’s my birthday 🥳 and I thought it would be fun to jot down some wisdom I’ve learned (mostly the hard way, because that’s just how I roll 🥴)
37 LIFE LESSONS IVE LEARNED IN 37 years:
1. Rejection is not as personal as it feels.
2. Most of the things that feel like a big deal won’t matter at all in 5 years.
3. Spending time with young children can teach us a lot about finding joy in the small stuff
4. Late bloomers still bloom.
5. You can tell a lot about a person based on the length of their longest friendship.
6. Not every friendship is meant to be a lifelong one.
7. Trust actions, not words.
8. When you like yourself it doesn’t matter so much if other people do.
9. Nobody is perfect. (Not even that one person that you keep comparing yourself to on the internet. Stop it!)
10. Fitting in is so overrated.
11. Fall in love with learning. It’s how you will change your life. Never stop trying to learn new things.
12. Pregnancy is a bad reason to get married.
13. You can’t explain a Mother’s love to someone who isn’t one.
14. Raising good humans is the biggest, longest, hardest job you’ll ever have.
15. Do the best you can today. Repeat.
16. Give yourself more grace.
17. There’s no magic number that will make you happy. Not on your scale, not in your bank account, not on social media.
18. Trials can become turning points that lead us towards something better if we stop, listen and change the behaviors that led us to them in the first place.
19. You are exactly where you are supposed to be – to lead or to learn.
20. Priorities are never in conflict.
21. Growth only happens when you feel uncomfortable. At first it’s scary, but learn to lean into that feeling and you will become unstoppable.
22. The best things in life cant be measured with numbers.
23. The best friends are the ones who love you and still tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
24. If you are the smartest person in the room find a new room
27. Sweat, tears and the ocean… Salt cures damn near everything.
28. Running is a happiness hack. Just do it for the endorphins. Even better if it’s outside.
29. Excuses will not get you anywhere. Ownership will.
30. Marriage is hard. Like, really hard.
31. Life is a pendulum. If it’s good then bad times are coming. If it’s bad, then good times are coming.
32. No ones life is as perfect as it appears on the Internet.
33. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take
34. Don’t get so caught up in what you think you NEED to do that you forget to do anything that you WANT to do. Schedule fun into your calendar if you must, you psycho
35. Hanging out with people that you enjoy being around IN REAL LIFE has no substitutions
36. Internet friends are real.
37. I don’t believe in “true love” but I believe in forgiveness and that’s kind of the same thing.🖤