Use this clean eating guide to lose weight to help you plan out a week of healthy meals and snacks. Choose a
breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks, and you’ll have a full day worth of food! Either plan to eat dinner leftovers for lunch the next day OR choose 2-3 dinner recipes and 2-3 lunch recipes, double the portions, and make them ahead of time
(Sunday). Rotate them each day! So, Mon and Wed have the same dinner, and Tues and Thurs have the same dinner. And same goes for lunches!
Use a Meal Planning Template so you know exactly what you’re eating and when! You can use a plain sheet of paper or the notes section of your phone – just make a plan. Planning ahead of time is the best way to set yourself up for success and make sure that you don’t fall victim to poor choices or the call of the drive thru.
● Avocado toast with hard boiled egg and your choice of fruit – 1 slice of bread (organic
100% whole grain or sprouted whole grain bread – my favorites are Ezekial and
Dave’s Killer Bread), 1/4 mashed avocado spread on top, topped with 2 hard boiled
eggs, salt and pepper (I LOVE the Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader
● Egg frittata muffins (I usually sub the bacon for deli turkey)
● Easy omelette or scrambled eggs – add peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms,
chicken sausage, turkey, etc. I love to top mine with salsa (check ingredient list!)
● Overnight Oats- a quick and very filling, make ahead breakfast – 1⁄2 c old fashioned
rolled oats, 1⁄2 c. unsweetened vanilla nut milk (Almond or Cashew), 2 tbsp. natural
peanut or almond butter, 1⁄4 c. plain greek yogurt, 1 tsp. of honey or maple syrup,
sprinkle of cinnamon. Mix all ingredients together, let it sit overnight in the fridge
and it’s ready to go in the morning! Add bananas, berries, or any fruit to top!
● Greek/almond/coconut yogurt (read ingredients! Sugar is hidden is SO MANY
‘healthy’ yogurts. Siggi’s and fage are my favorite brands) topped with granola &
your choice of fruit. You can get plain flavor (0g sugar), and drizzle with pure honey
and top with fruit!
● 1 slice of Ezekial bread with natural peanut/almond butter, topped with sliced banana
● Protein Powder – 1 scoop/packet of protein powder, 1⁄2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1⁄2 c cold water, frozen banana
slices (peel, slice, freeze in ziplock bag), optional add ins. – 1⁄3 c old fashioned oats, 1
tsp. natural peanut or almond butter, handful of spinach. Blend for 1 minute and
Lunches and Dinners
● Fajitas – steak or chicken! Serve with brown rice in a bowl or make with whole-wheat
● Turkey Chili – this can be done in the slow cooker or in a pan on med-high heat
● Chicken Salad – serve over spring mix or in a while-wheat wrap
● Chickpea Salad
● Chicken Kale Soup
● Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
● Stir fry
○ Prepare quinoa or brown rice according to the directions on your bag. You can
use either fresh or frozen veggies (broccoli, onion, peppers, mushrooms,
peas, water chestnuts, baby corn, etc.) Once the veggies are done, add
everything together in your large pan and toss with 1tbs EVOO and
low-sodium soy sauce. I also love Soyaki sauce from Trader Joes. The quinoa
is a complete protein, but feel free to add chicken, steak, or shrimp.
● Lemon Garlic Chicken Breast
○ Serve with a side of roasted brussels sprouts or asparagus. (375* for 20
minutes). And choose between roasted butternut squash or sweet potatoes
(cube and roast at 375* for 30 minutes).
● Spaghetti Squash with Ground Turkey
○ add a side of broccoli or mix the broccoli right in the “pasta”
○ Instead of spaghetti squash, try the Vegetti and make zoodles!
● Grilled Balsamic Steak Salad – with grilled corn, sweet potatoes or brown rice!
● Lemon Rosemary Grilled Chicken and Summer Veggies
● Baked Salmon, Asparagus, and Sweet Potatoes
○ Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Squeeze half of a lemon on the salmon and 1
tsp of olive oil and dijon mustard. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and paprika.
Chop potatoes (small cubes) and season asparagus and potatoes with salt,
pepper, and olive oil. Put all 3 on a pan with parchment paper and bake for
15-25 minutes. Here is another good salmon recipe!
● Sliced apple/banana/celery with 2TBS almond or natural peanut/almond butter
(heating it in the micro to drizzle!)
● Greek/Almond/Coconut yogurt with berries (read ingredients! Not all yogurt is
created equal… some can have 15-20g of sugar in a tiny container! My favorites are
Siggi’s and Fage (plain flavor and add a drizzle of honey and/or fruit — high in
protein, low in sugar.)
● 1⁄4 cup almonds and a piece of fruit
● Larabar or Kind bar (depending on the flavor, some are cleaner than others!
Larabars have MINIMAL ingredients, which makes it a great choice!)
● 2 Hardboiled eggs – add salt and pepper
● Protein Shake if you didn’t have it for breakfast!
● Breakfast Muffins – good for either your breakfast or morning snack
● Chopped veggies (carrots, peppers, celery, tomato, cucumbers, snap peas) with
hummus, guac, or tzatziki yogurt dip
● Natural cheese with grapes or berries
● Caprese Salad – 3 or 4 slices organic tomato, 3-4 slices mozzarella cheese, basil
leaves, 1 tbs olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper
I hope that you have found some new recipes and snack ideas in this clean eating guide to lose weight. Eating more whole foods and less processed foods is a great step in the right direction of your health and wellness journey. It does not have to be hard or complicated. You can do this!