I think people make this much more challenging than it should be. Fact is, losing weight is a mathematical formula. If you follow it then you will lose weight. The problems come in when you try to lose weight too fast, you give up before you reach your goal, or you try to lose weight by doing something that is not sustainable for the long term. It can take some trial and error to find the right lifestyle approach for you. You need to decide what is important to you in both the short term (weight loss) and the long term (your health, alcohol, dessert, carbs, sanity to find the best approach for you – the one you can stick to. I have recently adopted a ketogenic lifestyle and diet and I am LOVING the results so far – the food is yummy, I have more energy that ever before, I am experiencing something they call ‘keto calm’ and my body is burning its own fat!! Life is good!!
- Use the Calorie Burn Calculator. You put your height & weight in, select your activity and how many minutes you did that activity.
- Use a wearable fitness tracker like Fitbit or Polar
- Use the calorie count on the treadmill display
- Carb Manager (free daily tracker)
- Eat This Much. Create a weekly keto meal plan in seconds.
- KetoDiet (great recipes with pics + daily macro tracker)
- My Fitness Pal – my LEAST favorite. I don’t know why but this app gets on my nerves by trying to ALSO be a social media platform (WUT) please don’t try to be my “friend” on an app that i am just using to track my macros – don’t we already get enough notifications?! Adding to the list because it is a good general daily macro tracker and its free.