So you wanna go keto but you like the wings at Hooters – ok, ok I get it lol. Hooters is a pretty well known sports bar but since it is Football season and our hubbys might want to go watch a game or two you might find yourself in a sports bar like Hooters.
But you are in good luck because sports bars have some surprisingly tasty keto options. Here are my top picks at Hooters:
Hooters Keto Salads
- Garden Salad (no croutons)
- Caesar Salad (no croutons)
- Hooters Salad
- Southwest Ranch Salad w/ NO tortilla strips
All salads can be ordered without the croutons or the tortilla strips with extra cream based dressings – ranch, blue cheese and caesar are all good options and you can add meat to any of the salads to make them more filling. My choice would be steak but you can also add fish or grilled/blackened chicken.
Hooters Keto Burgers
- More than a Mouthful Burger with no bun
- Mushroom Swiss Burger with no bun
- Bleu Cheese and Bacon Burger with no bun
- The Big Baja burger with no bun
- BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger with (no bun/no bbq sauce)
You can order all the burgers with no bun and no ketchup. Use mustard and mayo as your condiments and eat with a fork or ask for a lettuce wrap instead of the bun. Ask for a side salad instead of french fries.
Hooters Keto Wraps/Sandwiches
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap – order grilled chicken, no wrap just the ‘insides’
- Ribeye Steak Sandwich – no bun
- Philly Cheese Steak (Chicken or Steak) – no bun
- Blackened Chicken Sandwich, add bacon, add cheese, add mushrooms – no bun
Sandwiches can be eaten with a creamy based dressing like ranch, certain hot sauces (check the labels) or mayo. Ask for the sandwich with no bun on a plate with a fork and knife – it might be messy but it will still be delicious!
Hooters Keto Wings/ Famous Chili
- Naked Wings with no breading
- BACON WRAPPED NAKED WINGS (yes, for real!)
- Boneless Teaser only has 11 net carbs
- 10 Piece Boneless Wings has 20 net carbs
- The Chili only has 22 net carbs
The best part about eating Keto Wings at Hooters is that you can order them ‘naked’ which just means no breading making them SUPER keto friendly.
Hooters Keto Seafood Options
Everything on the seafood menu is a great option, with the one exception of the fish tacos & the fish sandwiches – just order with no bread, no tortillas to make it keto. So many good things keto options here including: steamed shrimp, snow crab legs, oysters, steamed clams and king crab legs!
Here’s a link to the Hooter’s nutritional information so that you can double check your item fits into your macros and remember that this counts are with ordering them regularly – not ordering them keto style as I recommend above!
What is your favorite keto item at Hooters?