You know I love me some Mexican food and I also love me some casseroles (I mean seriously, they are a busy mama’s life saver!!) so this low carb, keto taco casserole is a family favorite around here!!
Taco Casserole for #TacoTuesday! I just love how these toppings were added!!! Yummy
Estimated macros (will vary depending on the brand of cheese and taco seasoning)
Net Carbs: 8g
10 ounces Frozen Cauliflower Rice
2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Lbs Ground Beef
1 Small Red Bell Pepper – seeded, chopped
1 Small White Onion – chopped
4 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Water
3 Cups Shredded Colby/Jack Cheese
1 Cup Sour Cream
Sliced Black Olives
Salsa – Hot Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Pan fry the cauliflower rice in oil over medium/high heat until browned. Transfer to greased 2qt casserole dish and spread in an even layer.
3. Brown ground beef with red pepper and onion over medium/high heat. Drain excess fat if necessary then add taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Stir and cook until liquid absorbs.
4. Transfer to casserole dish in an even layer on top of cauliflower rice.
5. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Spread sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with extra shredded cheese and preferred toppings.
I hope you love this keto taco casserole – I really think the whole family will. Adjust the toppings to make sure that it’s appealing to your kiddos – or even better – set the toppings in small bowls and let them TOP their own casserole. Kids love that! If you love Mexican food and you are trying to live a low carb lifestyle you might also like my keto walking tacos or my keto instant pot salsa chicken nachos!